1/2 Photos of Easy, No Frying, No Pan to Clean Hot Wings!
1 hr 10 mins
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
This is MY recipe and method for preparing hot wings for a party! Prep and clean up is a breeze! I always get RAVE reviews! Especially from the clean up crew! lol I have changed this recipe to include instructions on fresh OR frozen wings. Please let me know what you think. Update: This weekend made these again! Seasoned with garlic powder and cajun seasoning and grilled them starting with a preheated grill set to high. Oiled grill racks and seared each side of the chicken, then cooked over low to perfectly done and brown, crispy perfection. Removed from grill and tossed in sauce! Again, no messy pan to clean! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1IF USING FROZEN WINGS: I buy IQF - individually quick frozen- chicken wings that come in a bag and have already been separated into two sections and tips removed. If using FROZEN wings DO NOT THAW just rinse chicken in a large strainer to remove any ice crystals.
- 2IF USING FRESH/THAWED NOT FROZEN WINGS: Rinse chicken wings and follow directions starting at #3) BUT you may need to reduce your cooking time. I have not done them this way so I dont know how long they will take. Please watch them so they dont burn and do let me know how long they take to cook. Thanks!
- 3Pat wings dry with some paper towels. They do not have to be perfectly dry-just get most of the water off.
- 4Place wings in a large disposable foil roasting pan that has been sprayed or oiled well. I also take some foil and very loosely crumple it into balls and fill the pan so the wings can sit on the top of those and everything can drain off.
- 5Season wings with cajun seasoning and garlic powder. Toss to coat.
- 6Bake at 375°F until browned -about 30-40 minutes, using tongs flip each wing piece so that the browned side is down. Bake another 30 minutes or until chicken is browned and crispy all over. If you prefer them nice and crispy make sure to use a pan with a rack so that any liquid and grease can drain off.
- 7Sauce: In microwave safe bowl, combine hot sauce, butter, vinegar and more garlic powder if desired.
- 8Heat for about 2 minutes of until butter is melted and sauce is hot.
- 9To Serve: Depending on the formailty of your party- lol- if you are having hot wings it isnt too formal is it?- you can serve directly from the foil pan OR place wings on a platter.
- 10I like my wings to stay crispy after they are drenched in the sauce SO I serve them with the sauce on the side and allow guests to place the wings in a bowl and add sauce as desired. Some have them swimming and others- like me- dip each wing just before it is eaten. The crispiest!
- 11Update: This weekend made these again! Seasoned with garlic powder and cajun seasoning and grilled them starting with a preheated grill set to high. Oiled grill racks and seared each side of the chicken, then cooked over low to perfectly done and brown, crispy perfection. Removed from grill and tossed in sauce! Again, no messy pan to clean! :).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy, No Frying, No Pan to Clean Hot Wings!
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.9
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 132.7 mg
- Sodium 749.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 28.0 g