Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This make fluffy basmati every time- easy and comes out perfect. I like the Texmati brand of basmati-its available in many supermarkets and no rinsing is required. You can double, triple or quadruple this for more servings.
- If not using the Texmati brand, then rinse rice, in colander under cold running water, until the water runs clear.
- In non-stick pot, place rice and water together.
- Let soak at least 30 minutes.
- Bring to a boil and then turn heat to lowest level.
- Cover pot with tight-fitting foil.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let set for at least 20 minutes.
- Take off foil and enjoy.
I have been using GENUINE Basmati rice from India for dozens of years. I could not find it and bought Texmati Basmati. It was awful. Used the same rice cooker, nothing different. This rice was gummy, sticky and had no flavor. You should be ashamed to label this Basmati. Barbara Brooks