Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 15 mins
I never made pies before this recipe because it never came out right, and I always had a hard time rolling it out. I was watching Martha Stewart one day, and decided to try her recipe with a few of her tricks and it works!! I haven't had any trouble since.
- Measure the flour, salt, and sugar into a food processor.
- Add a few 1 Tbsp butter piece at a time, and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Repeat until all butter has been incorporated. Don't pulse too much in between.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of water and pulse. Repeat until the dough is just forming little balls, and falls from the sides.
- Place half the mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap and squish the particles together until you form nice disc. Wrap the disc in the plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- KEY: Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before rolling out.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- This recipe freezes well, so if you only need one 9in pie crust, you can save the other for next time. Just allow time for it to defrost naturally. Don't put in microwave.