1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I never made pies before this recipe because it never came out right, and I always had a hard time rolling it out. I was watching Martha Stewart one day, and decided to try her recipe with a few of her tricks and it works!! I haven't had any trouble since.
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure the flour, salt, and sugar into a food processor.
- 2Add a few 1 Tbsp butter piece at a time, and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- 3Repeat until all butter has been incorporated. Don't pulse too much in between.
- 4Add a couple of tablespoons of water and pulse. Repeat until the dough is just forming little balls, and falls from the sides.
- 5Place half the mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap and squish the particles together until you form nice disc. Wrap the disc in the plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- 6KEY: Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before rolling out.
- 7Repeat with remaining dough.
- 8This recipe freezes well, so if you only need one 9in pie crust, you can save the other for next time. Just allow time for it to defrost naturally. Don't put in microwave.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy, No Fail Pastry Crust
Serving Size: 1 (608 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1391.3
- Calories from Fat 843
- Total Fat 93.6 g
- Saturated Fat 58.6 g
- Cholesterol 244.2 mg
- Sodium 1178.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 17.1 g