Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have been making this since microwaves first came out, it's so easy and really a no-fail recipe, you may use other kinds of nuts if desired --- *warning* this is very habit-forming :)
Top Review by erinirish
Made one batch tonight for Christmas guests, but my mother-in-law and husband ate almost all of it, so I had to make two more batches! so quick and tastes great. Never knew you could prepare brittle like this but I'm so glad I found this.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry roasted salted peanuts (use dry roasted peanuts only!)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple extract or 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a 3-qt heat-resistant plastic microsafe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts; microwave on high for 2-3 mins longer, or until peanuts and syrup are lightly browned.
- Add butter, vanilla and baking soda.
- Mix until light and foamy (be careful, syrup is HOT!).
- Pour quickly onto a buttered cookie sheet, and spread to desired thickness.
- When cool, break into pieces.