I have been making this since microwaves first came out, it's so easy and really a no-fail recipe, you may use other kinds of nuts if desired --- *warning* this is very habit-forming :)
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a 3-qt heat-resistant plastic microsafe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts; microwave on high for 2-3 mins longer, or until peanuts and syrup are lightly browned.
- Add butter, vanilla and baking soda.
- Mix until light and foamy (be careful, syrup is HOT!).
- Pour quickly onto a buttered cookie sheet, and spread to desired thickness.
- When cool, break into pieces.
Made one batch tonight for Christmas guests, but my mother-in-law and husband ate almost all of it, so I had to make two more batches! so quick and tastes great. Never knew you could prepare brittle like this but I'm so glad I found this.
This is a great Christmas gift for friends. Cute cellophane bags purchased at Target, add decorative ribbon and tag. Thanks KittenCal, your recipes are always a hit in our home.
Wow, this taste soooooo good. It took me 3 tries to get it right. Kind-of wish it hadn't, I can't stop eating it. I think all the receipes are about the same, it all is in the microwave. I didn't know my watage, so took awhile to get it right. I was going to give up. Now that I know how many minutes to cook it, it is going to be really easy. I didn't know where or how to buy the peanuts, & found raw ones in the produce, so have to remember to put a little salt in.