Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to remember fairy cakes recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Sift the flour and baking powder.
- In a separate large bowl, cream the butter until smooth.
- Then, add the sugar gradually. Beat with a handheld mixer until well blended.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Add in vanilla.
- Finally, add flour mixture alternately with milk.
- Do not over mix.
- The length of time to bake would be about 25-40 minutes or until they look complete.
Clearly a keeper recipe. I added a teaspoonful of coffee extract and used a mocha frosting. Lots of compliments from the bridge group at snack break.
Thank you for the awesome recipe.. It is moderately moist and delicious. One remark: I would suggest a bit less sugar :3/4 cup instead of 1 cup as given in the instruction.