Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This great Italian classic is super easy to make, and it’s sure to impress your guests. The original version is a bit more complicated and contains raw eggs. This is adapted from a Rachael Ray recipe, and it’s easy and delicious! Make it in martini or wine glasses for a fancy look, decorate with chocolate shavings.
- 25 ladyfingers
- 1⁄2 cup coffee liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup really strong coffee
- 250 g mascarpone
- cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- -Mix the mascarpone and confectioner’s sugar until creamy **.
- -in a shallow bowl, combine coffee and liqueur.
- -have your ingredients ready to assemble.
- -quickly dip ladyfingers (one at a time, right before using) in coffee mixture, and layer them on your pan (in my case, a wine glass). Layer soaked ladyfinger, mascarpone, a sprinkle of cocoa powder, and repeat. (soak, layer, mascarpone, chocolate, soak….).
- -Make it about 5 or 6 layers tall, and finish with a generous sprinkle of chocolate.
- -Chill for at least 30 minutes, preferably a couple of hours.
- -Garnish with chocolate shavings.
- *vanilla wafers or sliced pound cake could work.
- ** Try adding whipped cream to the mascarpone mix for a fluffier texture.