1/1 Photo of Easy No-Crust Mini Quiche Appetizer
Gina Farina's Note:
I found this on the Food Network website and it was just what I was looking for: a flexible quiche recipe that doesn't have a crust. The original recipe calls to add the solid ingredients to the top of the quiche mixture in the pan, but there's no real reason why to do this, unless you think it's easier (I mixed it all together in a bowl and spooned it in). I have listed specific ingredients, but you are more than able to change those up to your taste. I prep/chop all the ingredients the night before if I'm making them for breakfast (I even saute the veggies in advance). The mini quiches keep really well and are good little snacks even when cold. They make a nice presentation when arranged on a plate. Inexpensive, healthy, easy and fast - that's what I like about this recipe!
My Private Note
mini qu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4-1/2 cup cooked ham, chopped really small
- 8 -10 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small shallots or 1 small onion, finely minced
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, chopped
- butter or oil, for sauteing
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup milk or 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup swiss cheese, shredded (or other cheese)
- 1Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly coat (3) nonstick mini muffin pans with cooking spray or butter.
- 2In a skillet, saute the mushrooms until dry and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add the shallots to the skillet and saute until they are translucent. Place in a mixing bowl. In the same skillet with a little bit of butter, saute the spinach until it is just wilted but still bright green, about 2 minutes. Add to mixing bowl.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, eggs whites, milk and salt and pepper.Add in the cheese, the ham and the other sauteed ingredients. Mix well and spoon into muffin pans until they are about 1/2 full.
- 4Bake until the quiches are well risen and golden brown, about 20 or 25 minutes. When done cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes.
- 5Optional ingredients:.Cooked bacon or sausage.; Chopped red or green pepper, sauteed.; Leek, chopped and sauteed.; Any kind of cheese, shredded.; Cooked broccoli, finely chopped.; Nutmeg, a dash to taste.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy No-Crust Mini Quiche Appetizer
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.0
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 102.1 mg
- Sodium 85.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.7 g