Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious basting sauce, just mix and use on chicken or ribs the last 15 minutes of grilling --- add in some minced garlic if desired.
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup prepared brown mustard (use French's Bold and Spicy brown mustard for this!)
- 1⁄3 cup light molasses
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke (or to taste)
- cayenne pepper (optional and to taste)
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients; whisk until well blended adjusting the liquid smoke seasoning and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Brush on meat towards the end of cooking,.
I used this basting sauce on a steak. It was so good. One of the best. I still have some sauce in the fridge and I'll probably try on chicken this week. Thanks Kit :) Made for 123 hit wonders
Excellent sauce, used it on ribs and chicken. Only difference for me was I used hot pepper sauce instead of the cayenne pepper/
Hi Kitten! When we were looking for a basting sauce for some T-Bone steaks I found yours & decided to try it out. I followed the recipe but added a little bit of garlic powder & some horseradish sauce. Everyone loved the flavor & no one wondered why when I told them it was another recipe from Kittencal. You've become somewhat of a celebrity in our house with your tuna melt recipe. lol Thanks!