1/1 Photo of Easy No-Cook Noodle Dairy Kugel
Since there is no pre-cooking the noodles first, this takes minutes to make, it's light fluffy and melt-in-your-mouth delicious, serve warm, cold or at room temperature, you may need to adjust the sugar amount to desired taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, uncooked (do not increase the amount stated use only 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups raisins (or use any dried fruit of choice)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar (if your prefer a sweeter kugel then increase amount to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart full-fat milk (4 cups)
- 1Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 2Spread the UNCOOKED egg noodles and raisins or dried fruit into the pan.
- 3In a bowl in whisk the eggs with sour cream until very smooth, then whisk in melted butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt; whisk vigorously until well combined and no sugar granules remain (mix in order stated starting with eggs and sour cream).
- 4Whisk in the milk until combined (at this point you may add in more sugar if desired).
- 5Pour the mixture over the dry noodles and mix very lightly (your pan will be very full).
- 6Allow to sit out for 5-7 minutes.
- 7Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 8Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until the kugel is just set in the middle.
- 9Serve warm, cold or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy No-Cook Noodle Dairy Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.9
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 187.4 mg
- Sodium 231.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 40.4 g
- Protein 13.2 g