This is adapted from a Stefano Faita recipe. The pretzels are fast, easy to make, no boiling & no rising time. Bake one cookie sheet of pretzels while forming the rest of them. While a true pretzel fanatic will say, but they aren't boiled so they aren't a real pretzel, I say try them. They are soft, salty, slightly chewy & got thumbs up from my biggest critics, my kids. They are best fresh, serve with some mustard or a bit of cheese sauce for dipping. If you want a sweet pretzel omit the salt sprinkle, brush with some melted butter after baked & shake in a sugar & cinnamon mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 3/4-3 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 425F, convection oven to 400°F.
- 2Pretzel Dough:.
- 3Whisk 2 3/4 c flour, yeast, sugar & salt together.
- 4Add 1 1/3 c warm water (use 1/2 hot tap water & 1/2 cold water to get perfect temperature).
- 5Stir together.
- 6Add 1/4 - 1/2 c more flour while kneading, to make a soft dough. It will still be slightly tacky.
- 7Divide dough into 14 equal portions (about 2 oz each).
- 8Roll each out into rope about 20" long, form into pretzel shape.
- 9Place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- 10Egg Wash:.
- 11Beat egg & 1 T water together, brush pretzels with egg wash, sprinkle with coarse or Kosher salt.
- 12Bake 15 - 20 minutes till golden brown.
- 13Cool slightly on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy No Boil Pretzels
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.8
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 172.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 3.2 g