Recipe by Leilani
I found this recipe in a doctor's office. It is great for a week night meal as you don't need to boil the pasta first; instead, you just basically toss the ingredients together and then bake in the oven. I really enjoyed the dish when it came out of the oven, but I was less enthusiastic about the leftovers (yet I hate leftovers anyway.)
Top Review by Samiam997
I'm a foodie, so why on Earth would I give 4 stars to this recipe. Well, because it's saved my butt about 3 times when I was too tired to make anything for dinner. It's not creamy, but it's a good basic recipe and dirties only a few dishes. <br/>Add cooked chicken, ham, broccoli, burger, whatever and you've got hot dish (yep, I'm a Midwesterner. Please don't call it casserole.) If you're as tired as I've been when I've made this, it's a great stand alone mac and cheese. Serve with a bag of salad, fresh fruit, and bam, there's dinner.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked large macaroni
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 quart milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in a 9x13" dish. Place in hot oven until butter melts.
- Remove; tilt to swirl butter and coat bottom and slightly up sides.
- Add dry macaroni and stir to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and stir to mix.
- Pour milk over evenly. DO NOT STIR!
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.