1/1 Photo of Easy 'no Beat' Chocolate Cake With Frosting
1 hr 10 mins
This is the quickest, easiest cake I have ever made that always comes out moist and perfect! I got it from a friend and have had many requests to pass it on to other friends and family.
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups self raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 8 tablespoons cocoa
- 160 g butter, chopped
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1Heat oven to moderate temp (180C).
- 2Grease large square baking tin.
- 3Into a large bowl sift flour and cocoa, then mix in sugar.
- 4Place on top of dry ingredients butter, golden syrup, bi-carb and vanilla.
- 5Pour over boiling water and mix well until all butter is melted.
- 6Cook for 45 mins to 1 hour or until cooked ( when skewer comes out clean).
- 7CHOCOLATE FROSTING.
- 8Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl.
- 9Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- 10Spread on top of cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy 'no Beat' Chocolate Cake With Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.9
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 45.3 mg
- Sodium 256.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 50.2 g
- Protein 5.2 g