Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
The best cheesecake you'll ever taste, and it is relatively easy to make. Your friends will love you (although your thighs may not!)
- 200 g plain chocolate biscuits (I use Arnott's Scalliwags or Choc Ripple)
- 80 g butter
- 1⁄3 cup tap water
- 5 teaspoons gelatin
- 500 g cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 150 g white chocolate (I use Plaistowe brand)
- 150 g dark chocolate (I use Plaistowe brand)
- 250 ml thickened cream (suitable for whipping)
- Grease a 24cm (base) springform pan.
- Process biscuits in a food processor to fine crumbs, transfer to a bowl.
- Melt butter and add to biscuit crumbs, stir until well combined.
- Use your fingertips to press crumbs into base of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, icing sugar and milk until smooth.
- Boil water and place into a heatproof bowl/jug. Sprinkle gelatine over boiling water and stir vigorously.
- While electric mixer is still mixing, pour gelatine mixture into cream cheese mixture and continue to have mixing for another minute. Set aside.
- Pour thickened cream into a separate mixing bowl, and whip.
- Melt dark chocolate and add half of cream cheese mixture to melted chocolate.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into dark chocolate mixture.
- Pour dark chocolate mixture over biscuit base and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate and add remainder of cream cheese mixture to melted chocolate.
- Fold the remainder of the whipped cream into the white chocolate mixture.
- Pour white chocolate mixture over dark. Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Optional 1 – grate extra chocolate and sprinkle over top
- Optional 2 – serve with berry coulis (2/3 cup sugar, 1 cup water, 3 ½ cups berries (Sara Lee frozen mixed berries); Boil water, add sugar to dissolve, Add berries, bring to boil, simmer for 15 minutes.