Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These cookies are the cutest things I have ever seen! I make them every year at Christmas, and people just rave! They are easy to make and you can make them while something else is baking in the oven, because you don't bake them, just assemble and enjoy! Kids LOVE these!
- 30 Oreo cookies (Halved)
- 30 large maraschino cherries (with stems)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (melted)
- 30 Hershey chocolate kisses
- 30 almond halves
- green decorating gel
- red decorating gel
- Take apart the Oreo Cookies and keep only the side with the white cream.
- Unwrap chocolate kisses and set aside.
- Drain cherries and dry on a paper towel.
- Melt chocolate until nice and smooth.
- Dip a cherry in chocolate until coated and set on the Oreo with the stem going side ways (it's the body & tail).
- Place a chocolate kiss, pointed side out on the opposite side of the cherry (it's the nose).
- Place two almond halves on top of the cherry (they're the ears).
- Put two red dots on the cherry body.(They're the eyes).
- You can make cute designs on the white part of the cookie with the gel.(I always make red and green holly with berries!).
- These are eaten by picking them up by the tail and eating in one big bite! Tastes like chocolate covered cherries!
Sarah, I like what you did with my Three Not so Blind Mice. The addition of the cookie is cleaver. ;)