Recipe by The Normans
We saw this on Australia's Better Homes and Garden's cooking segment with Fast Ed. We both made one for our respective workplaces and was thoroughly enjoyed by all. We modified the amounts and spring-form pan size though. The lemon thickens the mix, so you could probably try other forms of citrus in place of the lemon.
- 200 g milk arrowroot biscuits
- 160 g butter, melted
- 2 Philadelphia Cream Cheese, packs 250gm each
- sweetened condensed milk, 2 cans, 395gm each
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 22 cm round spring-form pan with baking paper.
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor until crumbed. Mix in the melted butter and spread over the base of your tin.
- Whisk the two packs of cheese until light and fluffy. (We added a drizzle of the condensed milk to lighten the mix a little).
- Add one can of milk, mix then add the second.
- Mix in the lemon juice and zest and mix thoroughly.
- Place filling on the base, refrigerate for 6 hours minimum and enjoy!