Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Ok, so it's not a "traditional" cheesecake, but it's easy and tastes soooo good!! My grandmother used to make this all the time when I was little, and it still takes me back to my childhood whenever I eat it. This is great to take to picnics, potlucks, etc., and for some reason, just seems to taste even better in the summertime! Prep. time includes refrigerating time.
- 2 cups corn flake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk, cold
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- chopped maraschino cherry (optional)
- Mix together cornflake crumbs, brown sugar, and melted margarine.
- Line the bottom of 9x13-inch baking pan, reserving about 1/4 c.
- mixture for topping.
- Beat milk until it forms soft peaks.
- Add sugar and vanilla to whipped milk.
- In separate bowl, whip the cream cheese.
- Add to whipped milk, along with jello powder.
- Add pineapple and maraschino cherries.
- Pour mixture over cornflake crumbs in pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved cornflake crumbs.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Note from Manda: When whipping the milk, make sure you use a chilled glasss bowl and chilled beaters, same as if you were making a meringue. It will peak nicely for you:) ~Manda