Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Land O'Lakes Note: Cook time is freezing pie overnight!
Top Review by Seasoned Cook
NICE flavor! DH and I are dark cherry lovers and have them all the time in ice cream. This was a great change for a different dessert! I only put in one-half of the milk since we wanted it creamy. Otherwise I followed the recipe. This recipe only made ONE PIE though! Prepared as a participant in the Aus/NZ Swap #29 Event June 2009.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen dark sweet cherries, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- 2 (6 ounce) prepared graham cracker pie crusts (you can use Oreo or chocolate crusts as well)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Mix in cherries, lemon juice and almond extract.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour mixture into crusts and freeze overnight.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish as desired.
- Store leftovers covered in freezer.