Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My mom got this easy and delicious recipe from her sis-in-law....I'm sure glad she shared the recipe! It's not your ordinary cheesecake, this one is light & fluffy. Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does! This recipe makes exactly 2 pies. I usually prepare these at night because they need to be refrigerated overnight.
- 2 regular size keebler ready graham pie crusts (save plastic as cover)
- 16 ounces kraft marshmallows
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 16 ounces KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 can comstock brand cherry pie filling
- In med-large bowl mix together sour cream and cream cheese with mixer (if mixer is unavailable fork is easy but more time consuming) mix until smooth and set aside.
- On stove top melt stick of butter and mix in marshmallows little at a time until smooth.
- Quickly add marshmallow mix into the sour cream/cream cheese mix and quickly mix those together.
- Pour equal amount of "batter" into each of the ready pie crusts. Cover the pies with the plastic that came with the pie crusts, simply turn plastic upside down to cover. Place in fridge overnight.
- Once pie is firm you may top with cherry pie filling (our favorite) or any other fruit you may want to top pie with -- you also may play with pie crust and get Oreo pie crust for chocolate lovers!
What kind of marshmallows do you use the jar or bag
I love this recipe, and so does my precious nephew!
The cheesecake was a hit, the second pie is going make an excellent Thankgiving dessert. I had to make one change though, I didn't have enough sour cream so I used vanilla yogurt instead.