Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was handed down through my family from mother to daughter for the last couple of generations.
- 8 graham crackers, crumbled, this varies depending on how thick you like your crust
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, any brand, softened to room temperature
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- crushed pineapple
- red raspberry pie filling
- cherry pie filling
- If you purchased your pie crust, set it aside. If making, in medium mixing bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar, once combined mix in butter until mix resembles sand. Press into pie plate and set aside (can chill in refrigerator if desired). Place sugar, vanilla and softened cream cheese in the large mixing bowl. With hand mixer on low start to combine, this helps break up the cream cheese. Once smooth add in heavy whipping cream. Mix on low until incorporated then slowly turn up to high. Mix until light and fluffy. Pour onto pie crust and smooth. This can be topped at this point with topping or eaten plain. Is best when chilled for about an hour- if you can wait that long.
Love Love Love this cheesecake!!!!! It is so creamy and the taste is fabulous!!! I substituted shortbread for graham crackers because my husband loves shortbread and I couldn't be happier with the results. It was a hit for our New Years Eve dinner with family! This is my go to cheesecake recipe from now on...Thank you for sharing!!!!!!