- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or oregano, or a mixture of both)
- cracked peppercorn
Directions See How It's Made
- Put tomatoes in a saucepan and crush with your hands.
- Warm tomatoes over medium heat and add the rest of the ingredients and stir to incorporate.
- Bring the sauce to just under a boil and allow to cook for about an hour to thicken.
- Adjust seasonings.
- If not using right away, store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to one week. Freezes nicely for up to 3 months.