Recipe by ~*Miss Diggy*~
This is in response to a recipe request. This is a pretty basic recipe for New Peas and Potatoes. My great grandma had the best recipes, and this was one of them. We usually have this whenever we have a ham dinner. It is funny how you can have a recipe but it doesnt even come close to grandmas! LOL This is still a very good and cheap recipe. I love a lot more "gravy" with my potatoes and peas.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk (more or less depending on how thick you want it)
- 2 -3 lbs new potatoes, boiled, peeled and cut up, if needed
- 1 cup peas, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a pan, and then add flour and mix and let cook for a minute.
- Add in milk next to make a white sauce, this sauce isnt meant to be really thick, but some people prefer it thicker.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then pour sauce over potatoes and warm the potatoes.
- Once heated through, throw peas in and serve.