Recipe by zarlene
"5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry" This rich and creamy chowder is easy to make and will be a hit with your family. Great served with cornbread or muffins.
- 4 slices thick bacon
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 8 1⁄2 ounces canned clams, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 11 3⁄4 ounces canned cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, over medium heat cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from pan and drain.(Leave 2 tablespoons bacon grease in pan.) Add potatoes to pan and cook until they start to brown. Remove from heat. Crumble bacon and add to potatoes.
- In a large pot, over low heat, combine clams and mushroom soup. Add potato mixture to pot and slowly add buttermilk until combined. Simmer for 5 minutes.