- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams
- 2 cups heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3 quart saucepan, brown bacon over medium heat (do not drain drippings).
- Add potato and onion and saute for about 7 minutes.
- Drain the minced clams and reserve the liquid.
- Add clam juice and reserved clam liquid to mixture in saucepan.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Stir in cream and clams and bring to a slow simmer.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve with crackers.