Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from the bottle of clam juice. My family loves it.
Make and share this Easy New England Clam Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- In a 3 quart saucepan, brown bacon over medium heat (do not drain drippings).
- Add potato and onion and saute for about 7 minutes.
- Drain the minced clams and reserve the liquid.
- Add clam juice and reserved clam liquid to mixture in saucepan.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Stir in cream and clams and bring to a slow simmer.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve with crackers.
Super easy and very delicious! Thank you :-)
This recipe makes a super quick and delicious chowder. I followed the recipe, scrubbing the potatoes and leaving the peel on. I did reduce the amount of cream by 1/2 cup and next time would add some thickening agent to thicken.