Prep 7 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the most simple chicken recipe I've ever made. My mom came up with it and I tweaked it a tiny bit and we eat it at least 3 times a month. I honestly don't see how anyone could dislike this chicken. I recommend serving it with homemade mashed potatoes!
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, cut into approx. 2-inch strips
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted (not margarine)
- 1 cup progresso brand Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (NOT the stuff in a can!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt 2 T butter and pour into shallow baking dish.
- Melt remaining 4 T butter in small bowl.
- Dip chicken in butter (in bowl, not baking dish) and then dredge in bread crumbs.
- Place coated chicken into baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of chicken.
- Cooking times vary according to the thickness of the chicken and your individual oven, so start checking for doneness after about 25 minutes. It takes about 35-40 in my oven.
- Chicken is done when juices run clear and you can easily cut it with a fork.
We had this for dinner tonight. Very easy and very fast to make. However, I thought it needed a little something more. Maybe if I had a dipping sauce or something? It was moist and DS liked it, that's why I gave it 3 stars, but I don't think I'll be making it again.
This chicken is really fast and easy to make, but I added some seasonings for flavor. I also baked mine halfway through and then added the cheese on top so the cheese wouldn't burn.
My neighbor's little girl is always asking me to cook up something good. I let her help me make this recipe so that she could take it on a picnic with her Gram. She want to suprise everyone. They all loved it and so did I. Thanks for sharing