This is the most simple chicken recipe I've ever made. My mom came up with it and I tweaked it a tiny bit and we eat it at least 3 times a month. I honestly don't see how anyone could dislike this chicken. I recommend serving it with homemade mashed potatoes!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt 2 T butter and pour into shallow baking dish.
- Melt remaining 4 T butter in small bowl.
- Dip chicken in butter (in bowl, not baking dish) and then dredge in bread crumbs.
- Place coated chicken into baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of chicken.
- Cooking times vary according to the thickness of the chicken and your individual oven, so start checking for doneness after about 25 minutes. It takes about 35-40 in my oven.
- Chicken is done when juices run clear and you can easily cut it with a fork.