Recipe by Tish
I got this off my crisco a few years ago. Its so easy to put together. The longer it sits the better it tastes. You can play with it by adding pepperoni, different types of onions, chopped cheeses. Great for potlucks and summer grilling days.
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 -4 cloves minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb uncooked spiral shaped pasta or 1 lb pasta, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonreactive bowl, whisk together the oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, and oregano, and blend well.
- Add the garlic, onions, tomatoes, and basil; gently stir to mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and gently mix.
- Let stand at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
- Cook the pasta and drain well.
- Place the cooked pasta in a large bowl; add the sauce and mix well.
- Serve with grated Romano cheese.