Makes a perfect snack.
Make and share this Easy Nachos Supreme recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 5 -6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning or 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) bagyellow corn tortilla chips
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 -2 ripe avocado
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 -8 scallions, sliced
- 4 -6 fresh jalapenos or 4 -6 pickled jalapeno peppers, sliced (optional)
- 1 -2 ripe tomato, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa (optional)
- Brown beef in a large skillet with the 5-6 cloves garlic, adobo/seasoned salt, cumin, and cayenne, breaking up any lumps.
- Continue to cook until beef is cooked through and drain any accumulated fat.
- Heat refried beans, stirring until smooth and creamy; set aside.
- Peel and deseed avocado, and mash with a fork in a bowl along with the extra clove of garlic, lemon juice, and salt to taste (double garlic and lemon juice if using 2 avocados).
- Scatter chips in pretty much a single layer on a micro-wave safe plate.
- Dot with small spoonfuls of refried beans and sprinkle with shredded cheese and seasoned cooked beef.
- Microwave up to 1 minute or until cheese melts (you can also heat beans and cheese on chips in a moderate oven, but will have to transfer them back to the plate).
- Add dollops of avocado (guacamole) and sour cream, then sprinkle with chopped scallions, chopped tomatoes and sliced jalapenos.
- Add some salsa to the top if you desire.
- Serve warm.
Muy Bueno! This was easy and very tasty. I made 1/2 batch, used all optional ingredients and used a Mexican 4-blend cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, asadero, queso quesadilla). Thanks Sue for a great lunch. Made for ZWT5 2009.
I made this, leaving out the ground beef, and it was great! You were right, this makes a perfect snack! Thanks Sue!