Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love this at our house! Adjust all amounts to taste.
- 150 g tortilla chips (or more if desired)
- 2 1⁄2 cups refried beans or 2 1⁄2 cups black beans
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (or more)
- 1 large tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Arrange tortillas in a single layer in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with HALF of each cheeses over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle chiles over cheese.
- Top with dollops of refried beans, then gently spread the beans over the cheese and chiles (reserve any extra beans for another use).
- Sprinkle with HALF of the remaining cheeses.
- Top with tomatoes and cilantro.
- Then top with the remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered for 15-20 minutes, or until cheeses are hot and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
Definitely needs some jalapeÃ±o. Good otherwise. We did add some sour cream and guacamole.
I loved them. They were really easy to make. I left off the tomatoes and added guacamole. Thank you.
The family liked this ok but we had to doctor it up a little with hot sauce, avocado's, and sourcream. Would be great for those who like a blander mexican fare. Thanks for sharing!