Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is as simple as it gets. You can make it as spicy or as mild as you like. It is perfect to take to holiday get-togethers. Just put it in your crockpot, grab a bag of nachos and you are good to go. My friend makes it every time her DH has a poker party and it goes like hotcakes. I have NO idea what a serving size would be or how much it serves.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (hot, medium or mild, your choice)
- 1 (2 lb) package Velveeta cheese
- Brown ground beef.
- Put everything in crockpot and melt together, stirring occasionally.
- Once the cheese is melted, turn crockpot on low.
- Keep an eye on the mixture, if you leave it to cook all day long it may burn- it all depends on your crockpot.
We made this for my son's "Gross Out" birthday party and called it "Vomit Dip" because of how it looks. Believe me, though, it tastes DELICIOUS! It so simple to make. Just throw it all into a crock pot, stir it around, and heat on low for about an hour before serving (stirring occasionally). Thank you for posting!
A friend use to make something similar to this back in college days way back when :) Added some jalapeno slices and served with a scary DVD to my grandsons and friends, who devoured it. Thanks for sharing