Recipe by hard62
Flat bread that is easy to make and goes with your favorite curry, butter chicken etc. Also can be used as garlic bread or base for small pizza.
- 400 g flour
- 250 ml warm water
- 8 g yeast (I use 1 sachet of Edmonds instant dry yeast)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flour in bowl and make a well.
- Add 200ml of water.
- Add yeast, sugar and good pinch of salt.
- Mix together, add more water in stages once mixture becomes sticky. 230-250mls should be just right. If wet add a bit of flour.
- Take mixture out of bowl and knead for a good 5-10 minutes on a well floured bench until dough is smooth and velvety.
- Dust with flour return to clean bowl cover with cling wrap.
- Place in warm place for 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- Divide dough into 7 equal parts (c100g each), roll out into dinner plate size and shape.
- Pre heat fry pan to high.
- Place a dough portion in pan and turn every 15-20 seconds until cooked.