Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
Flat bread that is easy to make and goes with your favorite curry, butter chicken etc. Also can be used as garlic bread or base for small pizza.
- Place flour in bowl and make a well.
- Add 200ml of water.
- Add yeast, sugar and good pinch of salt.
- Mix together, add more water in stages once mixture becomes sticky. 230-250mls should be just right. If wet add a bit of flour.
- Take mixture out of bowl and knead for a good 5-10 minutes on a well floured bench until dough is smooth and velvety.
- Dust with flour return to clean bowl cover with cling wrap.
- Place in warm place for 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- Divide dough into 7 equal parts (c100g each), roll out into dinner plate size and shape.
- Pre heat fry pan to high.
- Place a dough portion in pan and turn every 15-20 seconds until cooked.