Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
My mom made this every Thanksgiving just because I was the picky little brat that I am. (Still am!!! LOL) I hated and still hate regular pumpkin pie and this is one I will eat! Extremely simple, but I like it! Always have and always will. Not everybody likes it, but I do!!!
- 473.18 ml canned pumpkin pie filling
- 226.79 g container Cool Whip, thawed
- 9 inch graham cracker pie crust
- Take the pumpkin pie filling and cool whip and with a handheld mixer, thoroughly mix the two ingredients together.
- Pour the mix into the pie crust and place the lid that comes with the crust on the pie and place in the freezer.
- I usually do it overnight just to insure it's thoroughly frozen!
This was an easy way to use some extra pumpkin pie filling, but didn't have that special pumpkin pie flavor that we enjoy. It was too bland, too pumpkiny, just not satisfying.
I'm sorry but we really didn't care for this. I followed the recipe exactly as written but we didn't think the pie had a taste. I tried adding 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice but it still didn't have much of a taste.