Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is the pantry cleans dream chili. I made this one day when I looked in my pantry and was just horrified with all the cans in it. So, I just started looking through everything and decided I had everything to make a good crock pot of chili, and so I did. Thanks for trying it. ENJOY!
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 saronoa chilies or 2 jalapeno chiles
- 4 boca burger vegetarian hamburger patties, thawed and rolled into 3/4 inch balls
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Add all the ingredients to a crock pot, in order, and gently stir to combined.
- Turn to low and let cook for 6 hours.
- Serving Suggestions: Corn bread, rice, baked potatoes, toast, french fries, home salad, egg noodles, corn chips, challah bread, beer.
I'm really impressed with the flavor of this easy recipe considering that most of it comes from cans! I used veggie burger crumbles so it was like ground beef but so much healthier! The surprise seasoning worked wonderfully and added something good to the whole. This made a filling meal topped with some grated cheese and sliced green onion. Whole wheat cornbread was the perfect companion.