Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This one is sooooooooo easy! Less than a half hour to make and it tastes yummy and presents beautifully. Have only tried this with fresh fruit, but would be interested in knowing how canned or frozen works as well. Being that I am not an overt fan of the typical "fruit cocktail", this one was really different and GOOD!
- 177.44 ml diced fresh strawberries
- 177.44 ml diced fresh pineapple
- 2 oranges, peel removed,cut in segments and diced
- 29.58 ml white rum
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml lime zest
- sugar or pink tinted sugar (optional)
- red food coloring (optional)
- lime slice (optional)
- Mix the strawberries, pineapple, oranges, rum, the 2 tablespoons sugar and lime peel in a large bowl.
- Let stand, tossing occasionally until sugar dissolves. About ten minutes.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of sugar on a plate.
- Add one or two drops of red food coloring and blend until tinted.
- OR, just spread the pink tinted sugar on a plate.
- Dip rim of martini glass in water, then the sugar, to coat the rim.
- Spoon in fruit and juice.
- Slit a lime slice to garnish the side of the glass.
As easy and elegant as you said it would be. Can't stand the canned stuff either but this is very good. Made for the Bodacious Brickhouse Babes, ZWT5
What a lovely tasty dessert! and it was a hit; I didn't have lime so I used lemon but followed your recipe; the pineapple tastes wonderful; what great combination and it is easy to prepare. I made this for ZWT5.Thanks for posting. Rita