Recipe by blucoat
This healthy recipe is based on one from allrecipes.com.
Top Review by TreeSquirrel
I had some challenges with the mix. Following the directions, my mix was very runny. I kept adding fresh cubed bread pieces (sourdough bread) until the mixture looked like it would be easily handled. It took 5 (yes, 5!) pieces of bread! I added an extra egg because I was worried about the mixture falling apart while cooking. When handling the mix, it still wouldn't stay together, so I ended up adding dry bread crumbs. Fortunately, the mix held together, remained moist, and the patties tasted yummy! I'd make this again, with adjustments. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, about 6 cups chopped finely
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 slices white bread, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions; cook and stir for about 4 minutes, just until mushrooms begin to give up their juices. Stir in bread cubes and steak sauce; cook and stir 1 minute. Remove mixture from pan, and set mixture aside to cool. Wipe pan clean.
- Beat egg, and mix into mushroom mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat. Form 6 patties by hand and place into skillet. Brown one side, flip over, and brown other side. Serve.