Recipe by Mrs. Fair
This is a quick and easy mushroom soup recipe that I found on the web. The original recipe called for can mushrooms however I altered it slightly because I frequently use fresh mushrooms. This soup can be made from start to finsh in about 20 minutes. For a creamier soup just place soup in blender after making.
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, of your choice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Chop mushrooms and onions and set aside.
- 2. Melt butter in large sauce pan over medium heat, add onion, mushrooms and black pepper and cook until softned. Remove from heat.
- 3. Stir in flour and Abdo seasoning.
- 4. Slowly add water and milk stirring to prevent lumps and return to heat.
- 5.Cook until mixture comes to boil.