Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy rice with mushrooms and shallots. Allows you to leave it be while you take care of other things. Doubles nicely.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup medium grain rice (any rice would do)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- Heat olive oil and butter in 8" skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots, sauteing for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, sauteing for about 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and rice, stirring to coat rice, 2 minutes.
- Add wine and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until wine is almost gone.
- Add chicken broth and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Keep covered for 20 minutes, without lifting the lid.
- Remove from heat and fluff with fork.
- Add more salt or pepper to taste if needed and serve.
Highly recommend this simple rice/mushroom side dish. Awesome flavor! Easy to make. I used fresh shiitake mushrooms. Served with rare roast leg of lamb, Greek salad, fresh garden peas.
Great recipe. Added a handful of fresh parsley and used brown rice, which increased cooking time. A really tasty side dish.
We liked this dish, but agreed it wasn't a repeat.