Recipe by Kelly M.
Easy rice with mushrooms and shallots. Allows you to leave it be while you take care of other things. Doubles nicely.
Top Review by Judith in Denver
Highly recommend this simple rice/mushroom side dish. Awesome flavor! Easy to make. I used fresh shiitake mushrooms. Served with rare roast leg of lamb, Greek salad, fresh garden peas.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup medium grain rice (any rice would do)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil and butter in 8" skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots, sauteing for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, sauteing for about 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and rice, stirring to coat rice, 2 minutes.
- Add wine and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until wine is almost gone.
- Add chicken broth and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Keep covered for 20 minutes, without lifting the lid.
- Remove from heat and fluff with fork.
- Add more salt or pepper to taste if needed and serve.