Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Everyone raves about these appetizers. I skip the poppy seeds.
- 1 (8 count) package crescent rolls
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Chop mushrooms fine and saute in 1 T butter until lightly browned.
- Combine the cream cheese, sauteed mushrooms and milk in a medium mixer bowl. Beat at high speed until smooth, scraping the bowl, occasionally.
- Unroll the dough. Separate into 4 rectangles; seal the perforations.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over each rectangle. Roll up long side as for a jelly roll to enclose the filling.
- Put rolls in refridgerator to firm up, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut each roll into 6 equal slices. Dip the slices in the egg. Arrange cut side down on an ungreased 11x17-inch baking sheet. Sprinkle with the poppy seeds. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.