Recipe by Alyxis
For a busy college student. This dish doesn't take much time while still being fairly healthy.
Top Review by Princapessa
Wonderful introduction to Polenta. This was my first time making it was my husbands first time eating it since being vegan. Will try a smaller dish as we didn't have a 10 x 10. Such a great base to experiment with.
- 3 cups water or 3 cups broth
- 1 cup polenta
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 -2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water and salt to a boil. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add the polenta and simmer until fully cooked, about 10 to 30 minutes depending on your stove.
- Spoon the polenta into a greased 10 inch glass dish. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Ladle sauce onto the top of the polenta. Sprinkle the nutritional yeast on top of the sauce.
- Next add 2 cloves of minced garlic and the mushrooms.
- Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes.