Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I improvised and came up with this yummy soup. Do NOT skip the basil - it's the secret ingredient.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (4%)
- 2 lbs mushrooms, sliced
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 11 cups water
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking barley
- 10 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Season onion, garlic and meat with some salt and pepper and then brown in soup pot.
- Dissolve tomato paste in some water. Add everything to soup pot, including dissolved tomato paste. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.