Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
In ‘400 Best Sandwich Recipes’
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (ground round)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped mushroom
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 whole grain buns, split
- lettuce leaves or spinach leaves
- tomatoes, slices
- onion, slices
- Preheat greased barbecue grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, garlic, mushrooms, Worcestershire rauce and pepper.
- Shape into 4 equal patties, about ¾ inch thick.
- Place burgers on preheated grill, close lid, and grill, turning once, for 4-6 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Serve in buns with desired toppings.