Recipe by Jeri Roth Lande
This has a taste similar to a tagine, but is a lot less work. There are many similar recipes on zaar, but none with this combination of flavors. It's my own creation.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen Italian cut green beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups winter squash, cut up
- 1 chicken, cut into eighths
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a couple Tbsp olive oil (enough to cover the bottom of the pan) in a Dutch oven.
- Add onions and cook until wilted.
- Add the cinnamon, paprika and cumin and stir.
- Add honey and stir.
- Add raisons and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add Italian green beans and squash and mix.
- Place the chicken skin side down on top of the vegetables.
- Bring liquid in the pan back to a boil.
- Put pan in the preheated oven and bake uncovered.
- Turn over chicken after 45 min - 1 hours.
- Continue baking until chicken is browned, about 2-2½ hours total.