Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A quick and easy way to make Moroccan style chicken using simple ingredients. Serve with couscous, orzo pasta or rice pilaf.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups chunky style salsa
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat butter in a large non-stick skillet, add chicken, cook over medium high heat 3-4 minutes per side.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium size bowl and pour over chicken.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
I used 1 tablespoon butter and 1 olive oil. Skipped the olives. Added 1 teaspoon curry powder.Used 3 breast with bones browned all sides topped with sauce and finished baking in the oven till the meat started to fall off the bones.
This was awesome! I forgot the olives so I added some sliced mushrooms. It still turned out great. Thanks!