Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
fast, healthy and delicious. you can't get any better than that.
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped or 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- steam carrots in microwave for 3-5 minutes (with a few teaspoons of water).
- in a mixing bowl or serving bowl, combine other ingredients.
- add steamed carrots to other ingredients and mix.
- Note: for you indian cooks, instead of pepper/cinnamon you can use 1/2 to 1 tsp garam masala.
Super easy and a nice tasty different way to do the carrots. Went well with Cheesy Chicken Legs, #154452.
easy and delicious. great combination of flavors. i made it as posted and will definitely make this again.
These carrots are so delicious! A break from the same old carrots. I didn't use the microwave....just steamed them on the stove, but they are still easy to make. Just the right amount of sweetness and subtle spiciness. I took your suggestion in step #4 to use garam masala. LOVED it! Don't be afraid to serve these carrots to kids; mine loved them. Thanx for posting. We'll have these again.