Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fill your kitchen with the aroma of fresh baked cinnamon rolls. Perfect for a long weekend. I found this recipe in Healthy Meals In Minutes recipe cards. I have not tried this recipe I'm posting it in a response to the request board.
- 2 ounces active dry yeast (2 packages)
- 2⁄3 cup warm low-fat milk (105-110 F)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside. In a small bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm milk. Let stand until foamy, about 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir yeast mixture, oil, and egg into flour mixture until a dough forms.
- To prepare filling, in a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough for 5 minutes. Divide dough in half. Roll each half to a 12x9-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle each rectangle with half of the filling, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Lightly press filling into dough. Starting with a short side, roll up dough, jelly-roll style. Cut each piece into 6 rolls. Place rolls in prepared pan. Cover; let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Place on a wire rack and cool slightly. Serve warm.