Recipe by Nado2003
I made these last year with my kids and they loved it. You can use whatever candies you want, have fun and be creative. Time indicated does not include cupcake cooling time.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (or as indicated on cake mix box)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (or as indicated on cake mix box)
- 3 eggs (or as indicated on cake mix box)
- 1 (12 ounce) can white frosting
- candy corn
- Skittles candies
- jelly belly candy
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Line cupcake pan with liners.
- Make cupcakes per directions on box.
- Cool cupcakes completely.
- Stir frosting as per instructions on box.
- Put frosting on top of cupcake roughly in the shape of a skull (see photo) leaving part of the cupcake exposed.
- Decorate with candies. (see photos).
- Melt chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl for about 20 seconds. This depends on your microwave.
- Don't over melt. Just do it until the chips are soft with some solid left in the center of the chip. Stir and the rest will melt. Add more time if needed, but do it slowly, about 10 seconds at a time.
- Dip a tooth pick into the chocolate chip and dot the Skittles (or whatever candy you use for the eyes). The chocolate serves as the pupil of your monters' eyes. Please make sure the "s" stamped on the Skittles is facing down and the blank side is facing up.