1/5 Photos of Easy Monster Cupcakes
I made these last year with my kids and they loved it. You can use whatever candies you want, have fun and be creative. Time indicated does not include cupcake cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water (or as indicated on cake mix box)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (or as indicated on cake mix box)
- 3 eggs (or as indicated on cake mix box)
- 1 (12 ounce) can white frosting
- candy corn
- Skittles candies
- jelly belly candy
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1Line cupcake pan with liners.
- 2Make cupcakes per directions on box.
- 3Cool cupcakes completely.
- 4Stir frosting as per instructions on box.
- 5Put frosting on top of cupcake roughly in the shape of a skull (see photo) leaving part of the cupcake exposed.
- 6Decorate with candies. (see photos).
- 7Melt chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl for about 20 seconds. This depends on your microwave.
- 8Don't over melt. Just do it until the chips are soft with some solid left in the center of the chip. Stir and the rest will melt. Add more time if needed, but do it slowly, about 10 seconds at a time.
- 9Dip a tooth pick into the chocolate chip and dot the Skittles (or whatever candy you use for the eyes). The chocolate serves as the pupil of your monters' eyes. Please make sure the "s" stamped on the Skittles is facing down and the blank side is facing up.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Monster Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 214.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g