Recipe by nhzanne
As a single mom who works full time, I am always trying to simplify recipes... monkeygland sauce on steak is my favorite "special" recipe. It harms no monkeys :)
- 2 cups chopped onions (I use the frozen kind)
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic (mine is from a bottle!)
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chutney (South African variety, if you use others, make sure the pieces of fruit are no bigger than a raisin.)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onions and garlic in the oil until soft and golden.
- Add the ketchup, worcestershire sauce, chutney and mustard, and stir to combine.
- Pour in the wine and stir well.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, until slightly reduced.
- Serve over grilled steaks or pour over cheaper meat cuts in a casserole dish and bake at 325F for 1 hour or more - until the meat is tender.