Recipe by Vino Girl
I found this in a McCormick Spice ad in Food & Wine magazine (July 2006). The chocolate mixture can be prepared up to 10 hours ahead of time. Pour the batter into prepared custard cups, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
- 4 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon cabernet sauvignon wine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Butter 4 (6-ounce) custard cups or soufflé dishes. Place on baking sheet.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in a large bowl on HIGH for 1 minute or until butter is melted.
- Whisk until chocolate is completely melted; stir in wine and vanilla.
- Stir in sugar until well blended.
- Whisk in eggs and yolk.
- Stir in flour, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Pour batter into prepared custard cups.
- Bake 13 to 14 minutes or until sides are firm but centers are soft.
- Let stand 1 minute.
- Carefully loosen edges with a small knife. Invert cakes onto serving plates. Serve immediately.