Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a tasty Molded Chicken Salad. It is a culmination of a couple of recipes I found on the web. I don't have a jello mold so I use an 8x8" square Pyrex dish. The portions are quite thick. I am sure you can use a 9x13" baking instead if you want thinner portions.
- 2 envelopes knox unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (homemade or canned)
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 diced green bell pepper, or red bell pepper or a combination (appx 1 cup)
- 8 green onions, diced (appx 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- Put the diced bell peppers and green onions in the same bowl.
- Chill in refrigarator until ready to use.
- Pour the chicken broth into a saucepan and bring it to a boil
- Meanwhile, pour the cold water into a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the Knox Gelatin into it, stirring as you add until well mixed
- Pour the chicken broth into the gelatin mixture, using a wire whisk, until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add the Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip using the wire whisk until well mixed and no lumps appear.
- Add the bell pepper and green onion mixture and mix well.
- Add the diced chicken and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into desired baking dish or jello mold.
- Cover with lid or plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or untl set.
- If using a Jello mold, unmold it onto a plate.
- For a nice touch. place some lettuce leaves on the plate before unmolding the jello salad.
- If using a cake pan or pyrex dish, serve the jello salad from it.